Thursday, July 5, 2007

Demo Album in the Works







Summer is here at last! I finally have time to post and stuff! By stuff, I refer to beach-going, horizon expanding, shark taming, wood sharpening, jell-o sculpting, explosive making, kidney losing, tumor farming, and of course, doing stuff with friends.
Doing stuff means doing nothing at all, and doing nothing means doing something awesome and retarded. One night, I was at MB (Nick)'s place, doing nothing, when we suddenly realized that neither of us could play the guitar/sing. So we decided cut a demo. Neither of us had any idea at all how do use a guitar, so it was promptly chucked out the window into the windshield of a moving car that reportedly caught on fire and killed three children before exploding and almost demolishing a house.
After laying low for a few years, we went back to Nick's place and started narrating our stream of thought into the microphone. Nick tried to transcribe my incoherent rambling until he had written a song. It made no sense at all.
The first song was called "Too much Liquor (under the sun, Tuscan sun, magic moon attack (quite on crack))", and it was entirely vocals. I can bearly remember what the lyrics were, but MB should post them shortly, along with the recording we made.
Today, I wrote another song, one that actually rhymed. It still made absolutely no sense at all. Which was intentional. Here is what I have so far:

Lots of Things (all together at once)

Echoing bookshelves
Driving me sane.
Four hundred dollars
just look at my chain.
I haven't forgotten
oh wait, yes I did.
Three ants playing soccer
on the rock and roll grid.

~Chorus~
Lots of things!
Altogether at once!
Once!
Once!

Like a hundred pianos
having spiders for lunch!
Lunch!
Lunch!

I wrote a whole book,
but it fell in the ocean.
My pubescent voice
is perpetually broken!
My toys are all hidden
underneath the garage.
Made a porcelain shovel
and I Threw it
at my teacher's collage!
(music stops)
(Nick:)
At that point he realized-
IT WAS JUST A MIRAGE!!
(Me:)
MIRAGE!
(Nick:)
MIRAGE!
(echo)
(aside)
Seriously, nothing rhymes with garage.
I kinda wrote my self into a corner their
(laughter)

What a horrible waste of time. Too bad I'll be working on it in Fruity Loops (a music making program, for those less educated in the field of Electronic music) for the next week and a half. Expect to see a final version and to hear the song once we produce it and record it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Digeus Registry Fixer I always use it when windows freezes. I also recommend Windows Tune Up Suite. It repairs and optimizes the Windows.