Sunday, May 20, 2007

5/20/07 PC OPTIMIZATION!!!

I've had to use mouse keys because my mother took my mouse away for ditching school. She assumes you can't use a computer without a mouse. How cute. Obviously you can, though it's inconvenience is indubitable. So I asked her if I could get my mouse back if I tuned up her PC and made it go super fast. She said no, but I decided to do it anyway for practice.

And the practice I did get. I found a ton and a half of new software that makes your computer go much faster than it should, I'm positive my mom's computer goes faster than mine now. Now I'm going to update the way I thought a computer should be updated. I can't wait to load shit really fast! =D

All the programs I use for PC maintenance are free, relatively easy to use, and virus-free!
Here are some of my favorite maintenance programs:

EasyCleaner: I found out about this one just today, and OMG this so compiles so many excellent features from so many programs into one! That's not even the good part! Every single feature is useful! My favorite is the unnecessary file deleter. It got rid of 400 MB of unnecessary files! My computer is running faster than the day I bought it!
http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm

Mozilla Firefox: I've used it before, but when I tried version 2.0 I got soaked. everything about it looks nicer and is upgraded in some way from the old version. I've been a big IE fan but now I'm switching, because quite frankly I think firefox performs better in every aspect of browsing.
http://www.mozilla.org/

Eusing Registry Cleaner: An excellent free tool. EasyCleaner has a registry cleaner built in, though it pales in comparison to this. The first time I ran the prog I fixed over 600 entries with my system. Though not a significant performance upgrade, I love to know I've just fixed over 600 errors.
http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm

Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic: Not the best virus protection in the world, but it does its job effectively.I have Norton now but when I had this a few years ago it found mountains of viruses I'd obtained over p2p connections. When anyone asks my to make they're computer go faster, and they have antivirus software, this in one of the first thing on my list to install. If you don't have any virus protection software, then get this and scan your hard drive right now.

2 comments:

Invalid Password said...

I hate you. And also, I need you to introduce me.
And the fan fic, too. I made a post in my blog about it, so I think that sets us up for, about, 0 people more to view our web page.

Anonymous said...

There is tool Digeus I always use it when there are problems with windows system. I also recommend to use Windsty Tune Up Suite. It reduces the amount of time it takes your system to boot.